GMC Terrain Forum banner

dumb blue tooth questions

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  johnnyy 
#1 ·
low tech older buyer of new Terrain --

1) i have to re-connect my phone every time i re-enter the car, in order for it to disply my contacts etc. Is this the way its supposed to work and if not how can i do it once and have it saved?

2) it will take voice command if i know the number but doesn't respond when I tell it to call someone identified on my contact list by name. Have i skipped a step in set up? Currently i can call contacts only by scrolling thru the display to the contact desired.

my phone is a Verizon Casio that does take voice commands and did do so thru an after-market blue tooth speaker I had in my prior car

#6 ·
I had the same issue with my Bluetooth not taking voice commands. I reread the manual and found that there is a sub-menu that must be activated. When you activate the system to make a call you must say "voice" when prompted for the number. This places the system into the voice-recognition mode. Then you can use the call by name option, saying the name you want to call. Refer to the Bluetooth section of your manual for more details.

#8 ·
My wife has a IPhone 4 and she had to enable bluetooth in the phone settings,discover the device and the terrain gave her a number to put into the phone. It worked for us. I haven't tried it with my IPhone 3 yet but it looks to me like it should work the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.