GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums - View Single Post - 14882: Special Coverage Adjustment Plugged PCV Orifice In Intake Manifold
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
Justin600

Exclamation 14882: Special Coverage Adjustment Plugged PCV Orifice In Intake Manifold

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to start off by saying what I drive. I am currently driving a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 with the Ecotec engine 2.4l. Just last week I had serious issues with my vehicle that ended up possiblie destroying my engine. My PCV piece was clogged and this caused my crankshafts to blow. The entire bottom of the Terrain is covered in oil and there is also metal in the oil. I only drove this two miles after the vehicle kept dying just so I could get it to a auto shop.

My mechanic found this service bulletin "14882" that is for the piece that most likely ruined my motor. GMC tried telling me it's not covered even though I'm under the 120k miles which is required. Do I have a case in fighting this issue and getting everything fixed?

I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Justin600; 01-12-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Justin600 is offline   Reply With Quote