2010 Air Conditioner Not Working - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Thumbs down 2010 Air Conditioner Not Working

My wife and I took our terrain on a trip from Columbus, OH to Nashville, TN this past weekend. Before we were half way to Cincinnatti the AC stopped blowing cold air and we had to suffer with no AC for the rest of the drive to and the entire drive from Nashville. I had recharged the refrigerant a week or so prior to the trip because the AC was not working and my first thought was that it was low on refrigerant. The AC worked again until we were too far away from home to justify returning for my Tacoma.

Has anyone else had problems with their terrain's AC? This seems way to early in the vehicle's life span for the AC system to crap out.

Thanks,
Colin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #2

Is the compressor not kicking on, or are you getting warm air through the vents?

If you were low on refrigerant, then you have a leak in the system. Have a garage charge it using some r134 with dye so you can find the leak.

Another question is when you recharged it, were you sure it was low? If it wasn't you put more into the system and it could be overcharged.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement