Better mileage with synthetic? - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #1

Default Better mileage with synthetic?

I was wondering, if switching to synthetic would increase my millage and the over all performance of the GMC Terrain. If spending the extra money, can pro long the life of the GMC terrain and less trips to the shop that would be great.

Also what other kind of synthetic oils are available to lubricate your vehicle ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #2

I put Amsoil everything into everything I own. Tranny fluid, engine oil, differential oil, you name it. My 4x4 Colorado Ext Cab ended up getting 24-25 miles per gallon on average after just changing the fluids. I am a firm believer in the Amsoil products. It's cheaper than Mobil 1 and you are not supporting the biggest profit consumer rip off company in the world. Make sure you get the correct high mileage filter with the Amsoil. I usually go 23,000 miles per oil change and when you do out the math it is still cheaper than a $30 change even at 5,000 miles.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Banned

Stick with what the manufacture calls for. If it's synthetic, stay with that. It's actually better to change your oil more frequently than to experiment with different types of oils and hope for the best.

Once you have a clean engine that's well lubricated you shouldn't have any problems and probably keep the same MPG numbers it was rated for. Usually as cars age they tend to burn more fuel and get less Miles per gallon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement