Heated Side View Mirrors - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

Talking Heated Side View Mirrors

I was wondering how to turn on the heating elements in these mirrors and found the answer so I thought it might be helpful if you don't know.

To activate the heating, turn on the rear window defogger. Not very intuitive but there it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #2
DPK
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roban View Post
I was wondering how to turn on the heating elements in these mirrors and found the answer so I thought it might be helpful if you don't know.

That's what I tell my wife all the time..LOL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #3

There you go with those funny cigarettes again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #4

Funny, just today I needed them for the first time and wondered if it was the front or rear defogger that turns them on. Now I know

Thanks, this was helpful!
Old 12-13-2016, 07:25 AM   #5

Glad it helped.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
DPK
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roban View Post
I was wondering how to turn on the heating elements in these mirrors
To activate the heating, turn on the rear window defogger. Not very intuitive but there it is.
To add to this wonderful information of Roban's...

I also discovered today that when the outside temp is below 40 degrees or less and you have your heat temp set inside for anything above 70 degrees prior to shutting the car off.., that when you start your car using the remote start feature, the rear window deicer and outside rear view mirrors automatically are turned on...so I'm thinking this is so most of the ice/snow on them will be melted off or at least softened up before you get to your car..

Last edited by DPK; 12-15-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:24 AM   #7

That's very thoughtful of GMC and good information too.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
DPK
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
To add to this wonderful information of Roban's...

I also discovered today that when the outside temp is below 40 degrees or less and you have your heat temp set inside for anything above 70 degrees prior to shutting the car off.., that when you start your car using the remote start feature, the rear window deicer and outside rear view mirrors automatically are turned on...so I'm thinking this is so most of the ice/snow on them will be melted off or at least softened up before you get to your car..
A minor correction to my above info:

As long as the outside temp is 40 degrees or less and using the remote start feature as mentioned, the rear window deicer and outside mirrors automatically turns on regardless of what you have previously set on the climate control prior to shutting the car off..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement