Retrofit Volume controls - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

Default Retrofit Volume controls

Hello all,

Just purchased a 2010 Terrain SLE for the wife for Xmas. Its really a nice suv for the money so she is really happy with it.
The only thing that I wish that came with the base model is the volume/radio station controls on the steering wheel.

My question is, can I retrofit the volume/radio controls? If so, is it easy?
Can the dealer do this? Any help in pointing me to the right direction would be appreciated.
By the way, I did a search on the forum but did not find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #2

Usually it's just a matter of buying the module or w/e they call it and hook it up to the connector which I believe is behind the steering wheel column cover.

I'll try to find some more info on this but from what i've seen on other vehicles, it's fairly easy but if your a total newb, it may not be something you want to do.

The dealer should be able to do it, If i were you, in the meantime call your local dealership and get a quote on the whole job including parts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement