Terrain gas mileage - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #1

Default Terrain gas mileage

I heard the GMC Terrain gas mileage is one of the best in it's class, however I need the facts. What sort of gas mileage range can I expect from the Terrain? Would you consider the Terrain a good SUV for the sole purpose of good gas mileage or are their better options out?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #2

The Gmc Terrain has amazing gas econmy, i jsut read about it in the fourm here. posted by T.awd, has 10 fact and features about the 2011 Terrain.

FUEL ECONOMY

Whether equipped with the 2.4L DOHC engine or the 3.0L DOHC engine, Terrain

delivers class-leading fuel economy. The 2.4L 4 cylinder engine delivers 32 mpg on the highway (600 mile range) and 22 mpg in the city, and the 3.0L 6-cylinder engine delivers 25 mpg highway (500+ mile range) and 17 mpg in the city.

If you want amazing gas millage go for a yaris, this is CUV, is ment for those family trips, and grocerys while still looking cool driving your kids.

btw here the thread should read it
https://www.terrainforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #3

This is Great! i hate filling up my car!
never enjoyed filling up, and my old SUV was gas eater
Good to hear that the GMC Terrain is a fuel efficient car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #4

We have a 2011 Terrain SLE 4-cylinder that gets 25 on the highway and 22-23 around town. It's rated at 22 city / 32 highway. It now has over 18,000 miles on it and the mileage has not improved. It doesn't have a single option on it that could increase it's weight and we live in Florida so hills aren't an issue, PLUS we use synthetic oil. I've driven it between NY & FL twice and the highway mileage remains around 25MPG.

The only time we've seen 32MPG is in eco mode at highway speeds under 60 MPH.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #5

No surprise in the 32 hwy MPG whats the US Gov overall combined rating for the terrain?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #6

I have a 2010 SLT2. V6 Awd. I currently have 21,000 miles on it. I used to get 16mpg when most of my driving was around town. But since I moved 8 months ago and most of the mileage is now highway miles. Now I get 20mpg.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #7

I got better milage with my 2006 Trailblazer ( 4.2 straight 6 cyl ) and TB was bigger by far, pulled almost 2000 lbs more weight and, was subject to identical driving habits as my Terrain. While I like the handling and general layout of this much smaller vehicle, I am very unhappy with the gas milage. ( 3.0 6 cyl ) Just did an Ontario to Florida round trip and averaged 20.4 mpg. ( Towing nothing ) Last year the exact same trip with the Trailblazer was done at 22.6 mpg and previous year to that, I got 20.1 mpg with Trailblazer pulling 2800 lbs of trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement