What have you done to your Terrain?? - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Cool What have you done to your Terrain??

Ok I see not too many people post things regarding their Terrains mods or future mods.
What are you guys planning to do?
Let me start...
I have tinted the front passanger windows of my 2013 Terrain Denali.
Changed the license plate bulbs to LEDs.
Planning to change the fogs next.
Might put bars on the bumpers .. not sure yet.

Now lets hear and see your ideas!!!!!

I will post my pics this week so u can see what I have done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
Ok I see not too many people post things regarding their Terrains mods or future mods.
What are you guys planning to do?
Let me start...
I have tinted the front passanger windows of my 2013 Terrain Denali.
Changed the license plate bulbs to LEDs.
Planning to change the fogs next.
Might put bars on the bumpers .. not sure yet.

Now lets hear and see your ideas!!!!!

I will post my pics this week so u can see what I have done.

I have a '12 SLT2 and i have tinted the driver and passenger window also i have put a AEM intake in it also acouple other mods nothing to serious just help out with performance. Terrain is already a pretty bad azz SUV just wish the back seats folded down flat for more storage and that there were vents for AC or Heat in the back seat. Have thought about seeing if i can get heated back seats or mod something up but have not done so yet. Im in NY and the winters get cold. I also went and got weather tech floor mats for front, mid and back. Best thing money can buy.
oil catch can
AEM intake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
I have a '12 SLT2 and i have tinted the driver and passenger window also i have put a AEM intake in it also acouple other mods nothing to serious just help out with performance. Terrain is already a pretty bad azz SUV just wish the back seats folded down flat for more storage and that there were vents for AC or Heat in the back seat. Have thought about seeing if i can get heated back seats or mod something up but have not done so yet. Im in NY and the winters get cold. I also went and got weather tech floor mats for front, mid and back. Best thing money can buy.

I can't find an air intake for mine which engine do u have? I have the 3.6. I only see a K&N filter for mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #4

Well I just updated to 5K LEDs for the Back up lights and the Lic. Plates. Must say it's an improvement!! I definitely recommend. Plus Haven't seen any other Terrain around me with it
5K LED Back up light
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
I can't find an air intake for mine which engine do u have? I have the 3.6. I only see a K&N filter for mine.
I had built mine from parts. I went to various auto stores and priced the parts and then built one for cheaper than the kit. If you are thinking about this male sure you get the right air flow sensor or use the one you have. Since the intake is compact u don't need much I keep mine enclosed since I had the room and I live in NY figured it was better also going go upgrade the tail lights. Good luck. Auto zone will let u build there and test as long as u don't start the engine cause than its considered used parts but at least u can make sure it fits. At least the one I go to.
oil catch can
AEM intake

Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #6

Another thing u might want to think about doing is oil catch can since the filter is a paper one it will help with sludge and u can make one lowed or home depot has all the parts just make sure no air is leaking out and if u do this make sure u check it and empty it regularly. U will have to research for parts and install. Cheaper than buying one.
oil catch can
AEM intake

Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
TDR

Keeping it simple. Window Tints and LEDs do a lot for the style and functionality of a car. I don't feel comfortable doing anything else, nor do I feel the Terrain needs it.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #8

Ill show you guys what I do to it soon
Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #9

Default My mods

I've had my black 2013 terrain for couple months now. I've changed out all interior lights to led except center console ( blew the fuse cuz my bulb was a weird shape so decided to leave it) changed reverse and license plate bulbs to led as we'll as hard wired my radar to the mirror power. when it gets warmer plan on changing low and fog lights to either 6000k or 8000k hid bulbs as well as replace high beams to match color better while still being halogen bulbs. Mo also plan to change out front marker turn bulbs to leds and same for the back will be a bit of a pain as you have to remove the whole light assemble on the lift gate to access the 2 bulbs on either side. Haven't quite figured out what performance mods can be done will probably just add k and n filter would like to do full cat back exhaust but don't think wife will ok that one lol. Also plan on adding rims haven't decided wether to go chrome or gunmetal or to match color of the car and go black with chrome accents will probably stay 17" but might go to 18"
Old 02-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #10

I will be doing a oil catch can, made one at work out of stainless 304 scrap.

I am a tunner and have alreadt started dialing my terrain in. Working perfect!

Will be doing my own intake soon. Hopefully I will be anodizing wheels black and tinting windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement