GMC Terrain Reliability - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #1

Default GMC Terrain Reliability

I'm sort of new to GMC vehicles, didn't own any before cause most of my friend have had bad experience with them saying GMC's reliability isn't good at all. But within the past couple years GMC seems to be bringing out some good stuff.

Throughout the couple years the GMC Terrain has been out for, has it proven to be reliable? Whats your review on the GMC Terrain?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #2

The reliability of their cars isn't quiet, id say rate-able yet, As most of their cars in the new recent line up since 2008 and, and have only been around for 3 Years.

Major problems or issues really don't start appearing till after 5 years or so, cause that's usually the turn over point for cars, where people trade them in and buy new ones.

Id wait a little longer if you don't have faith into GMC car, so maybe it'd would be good to just wait.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.awd View Post
The reliability of their cars isn't quiet, id say rate-able yet, As most of their cars in the new recent line up since 2008 and, and have only been around for 3 Years.

Major problems or issues really don't start appearing till after 5 years or so, cause that's usually the turn over point for cars, where people trade them in and buy new ones.

Id wait a little longer if you don't have faith into GMC car, so maybe it'd would be good to just wait.
Valid points made. Thanks for the quick reply

My faith in GMC vehicles is growing, I love the Terrain. Everything from the GMC Terrain design, interior, exterior, the great fuel economy.

I feel a decent amount of time has passed for problems with the Terrain to be brought up. Then again GM seems to be putting a lot of their new cars through some tough tests. The Chevy cruze for example has been tested for years before ever coming out.

I sort of feel the Terrain has been tested in the same manor. But as much as they test the vehicle, the room for errors still remain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #4

As for problems for the Terrain one big known one is the 2010 model to have sluggish transmission. Its good that they are putting them though such rugged test.

The Cruze i know nothing much about, but i think Chevy want to keep the Cruze around for a while, If you look at most American cars they change platforms and names of their cars quickly,which i guess requires the extra testing, but while you look @ Honda or Toyota or Subaru most of their cars are based of a previous Frame and still carry the same name on it, giving it less of test period.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Valid points made. Thanks for the quick reply

My faith in GMC vehicles is growing, I love the Terrain. Everything from the GMC Terrain design, interior, exterior, the great fuel economy.

I feel a decent amount of time has passed for problems with the Terrain to be brought up. Then again GM seems to be putting a lot of their new cars through some tough tests. The Chevy cruze for example has been tested for years before ever coming out.

I sort of feel the Terrain has been tested in the same manor. But as much as they test the vehicle, the room for errors still remain.

Soon enough once the next winter or within this year if at all any major problems will appear on the terrain, it is still relatively new car,so hopefully there wont be any huge problems anytime soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement