Winter driving the GMC Terrain for the first time - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #1

Default Winter driving the GMC Terrain for the first time

I will be picking up a brand new GMC Terrain later this year as my daily driver, I'm not sure how well the Terrain can handle winter driving, does anyone have experience winter driving a GMC Terrain?

Are the all season tires that come with the Terrain from factory good enough for winter conditions or should I invest in a set of winter tires and winter rims?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #2

Glad t hear your picking up your GMC Terrain as for winter, the inline 4 FWD model shouldn't be an all star in winter driving, as the car does have a higher center for gravity, thus giving it more roll. And during harsh winter conditions with any FWD you'll suffer from under-steer problems as well.

As for the V6 AWD model you should be alright, i mean its AWD after right, but i have no idea how well their system compares to other AWD systems.

And having winter tiers is always better than having no winter tiers just to be safe id buy an extra set.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian-Terrain View Post
I will be picking up a brand new GMC Terrain later this year as my daily driver, I'm not sure how well the Terrain can handle winter driving, does anyone have experience winter driving a GMC Terrain?

Are the all season tires that come with the Terrain from factory good enough for winter conditions or should I invest in a set of winter tires and winter rims?

I would defiantly, go and get winter tiers, as they will dramatically help you in stopping and also help you going up rams and such.

Plus spending the extra few hundred to be safe wouldn't be too bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement