2018 GMC Terrain Gets 3 Turbo Engine Choices, Including Diesel - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Sponsored Editorial Content

Default 2018 GMC Terrain Gets 3 Turbo Engine Choices, Including Diesel

Quote:
An overhauled 2018 GMC Terrain will get power from a trio of turbocharged engines ó including a diesel option.

Unveiled on the eve of the Detroit auto show, the new version of the brandís compact crossover ditches the boxy look of old for something much more in line with the new Acadia that launched last year. But the big news is the three turbocharged engines that will be offered under the hood, including a diesel to go along with a pair of gas options.

The standard powerplant will be a new turbocharged 1.5-liter gas engine that makes 170 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque, which should be more than enough to motivate the smallest vehicle in GMCís lineup. Also of the gas-powered variety is an available 2.0-liter turbo borrowed from the Buick Envision that makes 252 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.

Both four-cylinders, which power the same-sized Envision in China, feature direct injection and idle-stop technology, and come paired to GMís new nine-speed automatic transmission. The larger of the two engines allows for a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 lb (1,585 kg), matching what the current 3.6-liter V6 version is able to do.

Joining the new gas engines is a turbocharged 1.6-liter diesel-powered four-cylinder thatís good for 136 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque. The turbodiesel engine also features idle-stop technology, and comes mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.

Like in its current form, the 2018 GMC Terrain will come in the choice of front- or four-wheel drive layouts, with the latter featuring a fuel-saving mode that allows the system to be disconnected until four-wheel traction is needed.

On the design side, the second-gen Terrain signals a major departure from its predecessorís look, and features a Nissan-esque 'floating' roof look that compliments a similar design language introduced on the new GMC Acadia. Like its larger sibling, it will be available in three trims ranging from base to Denali.
Read more about the 2018 GMC Terrain Gets 3 Turbo Engine Choices, Including Diesel at AutoGuide.com.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #2

Default I hate it...

I hate that back window. I'll keep my 2015 until they change that far back window. I didn't like the chrome trim they put around the fog lights, and along the front and back bumpers in 2016 either. I wish they would do the roof cross rails like the Hyundai Santa Fe, it kinda looks like a spoiler.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #3

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo405 View Post
I hate that back window. I'll keep my 2015 until they change that far back window. I didn't like the chrome trim they put around the fog lights, and along the front and back bumpers in 2016 either. I wish they would do the roof cross rails like the Hyundai Santa Fe, it kinda looks like a spoiler.
Yup! The back window is super annoying to me a well. Fog lights I'm cool with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement