Tire sizes/Fuel Economy - GMC Terrain - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #1

Default Tire sizes/Fuel Economy - GMC Terrain

I was wondering how much my fuel economy were to change and which size tire to fit on the terrain if i were to change them. Lets say i got after market wheels that are wider than stock wheels? What would be the ideal tire size that would not effect my fuel economy by too much but still have a small increase in tire width.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #2

just purchased a 2010 Terrain and am experiencing a greater than usual rough and harsh ride over frost bumps on highway and on the gravel road I travel to work. Have 17" Michelin tires on and am considering a softer tire. Anyone out there notice a rougher ride than expected with your Terrain and if not what size and brand of tires do you have to help with a smoother ride?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by looksgood View Post
just purchased a 2010 Terrain and am experiencing a greater than usual rough and harsh ride over frost bumps on highway and on the gravel road I travel to work. Have 17" Michelin tires on and am considering a softer tire. Anyone out there notice a rougher ride than expected with your Terrain and if not what size and brand of tires do you have to help with a smoother ride?
Check the PSI in your tires, usually this happens when their is too much air in the tires. Your tires should state what PSI is recommended for it. After doing that lets us know how it goes, it could be something else too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #4

Anyone out there notice a rougher ride than expected with your Terrain and if not what size and brand of tires do you have to help with a smoother ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement