Site Full of Adware & bots or what? - GMC Terrain Forum : GMC Terrain Forums

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Default Site Full of Adware & bots or what?

All these random character user ids are obviously bots, and page loads for an unusually long time after the screen loads.

Is Terrainforum.net related to this site. It is down right for at least the last 2 days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbulls12Terrain View Post
All these random character user ids are obviously bots, and page loads for an unusually long time after the screen loads.

Is Terrainforum.net related to this site. It is down right for at least the last 2 days
It has been down for at least a week. Many members on that site have been experiencing SMAD ( Social Media Angiety Disorder) because they cannot post.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
GMC Terrain Administrator

Hi - Was this already reported to us in another thread? What is actually down at the moment? I am able to navigate throught the site fine on my end.

What pages are taking a long time to load?

-Marie
community support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #4

What browser and device are you using, also if you are seeing these adwares can you provide a screen shot of the issue or threat. The more information you can provide the quicker I can get the techs to fix the issue.

Thank you so much

~ Glenda
Old 01-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

To bring up an old topic, there are a number of spammer IDs registered here on the forums, easily identified by the fact that they are posting multiple threads with names completely unrelated to the subforum topic and which contain links to sites advertising random crap.

I think the staff needs to seriously look into anti-spammer plugins for the site and do some purging of topics and users.

I was intrigued with the prospect of a sister site to TerrainForum.net, but if the staff can't keep these bad seeds out, this site will go to **** in no time.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #6

Hi,

I took a look at the settings in the back end and there were a couple things that I could do right away. I noticed that the system was not set to scan the IPs of new users against the banned list, so I went ahead and enabled that. Please make sure that you One Touch Ban and Clean these spam posts when you do see them so that the IPs will continue to be added to the blacklist.

Akismet was something else that I noticed was not enabled. I have turned that on and set it to scan the first 5 posts of members for spam.

Now, if you feel that more needs to be added after this, there are a few steps we could take like adding the Cyb- Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count plugin to the site where we can restrict new members from posting links, videos, etc in certain or all sections until they have x# of approved posts. Another option would be to make a new usergroup promotion where new members posts are automatically added to the mod queue and will not be shown until approved by a mod. We can set it to promote them after they have x# of approved posts and/or have been registered for x# of days.

~Sheena
Old 09-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
DPK
Super Moderator

Up-Date..

All spam and spammers have been contained, cleaned and banned..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement