GMC Terrain Forum banner

2013 Weird Radio Issue

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  420andrew 
#1 ·
Hi,

2013 Terrain

Got it serviced a couple weeks ago. When I got it back, part of the sound system no longer works. Specifically, USB and bluetooth stereo icons are always "greyed out" even though there is a USB stick plugged in. Also, my phone connects to bluetooth for hands free calls, so the bluetooth connection is fine. It is just that the icon is grey.

I thought maybe a fuse had blown, but if that is true, I can't figure out which fuse is the issue. And maybe it is something else?

Radio works fine, CD player works fine. Just USB and Bluetooth stereo icons. And of course, those are the two audio devices i use most frequently :mad:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yeah unfortunately I am using a USB stick, not connecting via my phone. So, bluetooth stereo doesn't work with my phone, and USB does not work with USB stick. That is why I think it may be something more systemic?

A couple related questions

Is there a way to simply do a reset of Intellilink? I know it reboots when you turn off the car. And I've taken out the fuse, so I've done a reboot that way. But wondering if there is a better way to do it that might fix it. Willing to do a Factory Reset at this point.

Another question
Is there a way to bypass Intellilink and get audio via Bluetooth? As mentioned, I can use Bluetooth for phone calls, just not stereo, so wondering if I can just bypass Intellilink altogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.