GMC Terrain Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon trading in my 2015 for a 2018. Well, it has the start/stop feature and was wondering if there was a way to turn it off. I saw on the internet that it might be deactivated by putting a trailer wiring plug in the trailer receptacle, if there is one. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I suspect that within a few years every new car will have this feature.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I agree, this has to be the STUPIDEST feature ever..My 2017 Jaguar has it and by reading some forums, I was able to find the control module for it and un-plugged it to disable it..

First of all; I think it is unsafe..as if you have to take off fast to avoid being hit by another car out of control or whatever..that 1 or 2 seconds it takes to restart and go could mean the difference between life and death.

Next:..the wear and tear on the starter motor and battery can't be good either.

All this to save maybe 1 or 2 miles per gallon...Big flippin' deal!

I would get with a GMC technician at your dealer (Not the Service Advisor) and find out where it is, or maybe a software change can disable it.

BTW..Like you, I always encourage EVERYONE signing up here, to put their Location and/or Country/State..(No addresses needed), but this way folks in YOUR area may have a better handle on your unique problems and issues and advise you of a BETTER dealership, if one exists in your area.

But go to your PROFILE under "User CP" and add YOUR lOCATION..IT WILL SHOW UP UNDER YOUR USERNAME/AVATAR.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 2.0 turbo is no slouch on acceleration. As far as the engine turning off at a stop, I have found that taking your foot off the brake for a second reactivates the engine. To me, neither the acceleration nor the stop engine feature is an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently read an article (don't remember where) claiming this was solely to game EPA mileage testing. I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not, but it seems possible. I spoke w/the service manager about disabling it and he said no way, but that may be an option for 2019. That said, we recently purchased a very low miles 2016 Denali to replace our aging Torrent. I've made it a rule to never buy a vehicle in it's introduction year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts