Really think that we all know these tips but we just don't listen, we Rev match for fun, and never use neutral just because we don't... and bus because we have cars... but we'll see how much we can save with constant reminders about fuel cost!, tips from here.Conserve Fuel
- Mind the basics. Go easier on the gas pedal and shun your A/C if you're just driving around town.
- Work with your car, not against it. Clean the junk out of the trunk, let off the accelerator earlier when approaching a stop, speed up before hills to make the climb easier, and use the cruise control more.
- Keep those RPMs low. Learn how to skip gears if you've got a stick-shift, avoid engine braking, and reacquaint yourself with Neutral (it's not just for towing).
- Take care of your car. Tire pressure, spark plugs, air filters, oil—they all make a huge difference.
- Pick the right station. If you can save a whole dollar by going to a different station in town, by all means do it. If the difference is just a few cents, you're probably not saving much by driving several miles to the cheaper station.
- Don't drive if it isn't necessary. Public transportation can be a wondrous thing for your wallet, and walking or riding a bike are even better if your destination is nearby.