GMC Terrain Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.0 engine runs very well, idle is smooth, getting 17.6 mph, has plenty of power but this code pops up 177,000 miles on it I am the second owner I bought it with 152,000 miles on it. Is it possible that one of the sensors went bad?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 3.0 engine runs very well, idle is smooth, getting 17.6 mph, has plenty of power but this code pops up 177,000 miles on it I am the second owner I bought it with 152,000 miles on it. Is it possible that one of the sensors went bad?
This is a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 3.0 engine. Yes

· Registered
3 Posts
Google the code number and you should get info on what it may be? I had a DTC #0152 last year on my 2016 Terrain and it was specifically related to my oxy sensor going bad. Replaced the sensor cleared the code and no issues since. BTW my GMC Terrain only had around 38,000 miles on it last year at the time of issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google the code number and you should get info on what it may be? I had a DTC #0152 last year on my 2016 Terrain and it was specifically related to my oxy sensor going bad. Replaced the sensor cleared the code and no issues since. BTW my GMC Terrain only had around 38,000 miles on it last year at the time of issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So glad that fixed it! Well on my 2010 with 3.0 The P0017 code that has stayed on and off I was told to replace the camshaft/ crankshaft sensor and I found that there was 4 of them but the one that was closest to the fire wall passenger side closest to the belt was the one. The second one and third one are not for this code. I found out that taking the engine cover and the removing the huge throttle body hose and then removing the power steering pump bracket let me see that sensor there was 3 sensors when I finally was able to see, it was the first one closest to the belt, then I tried to remove the wire plug, then I realized to unbolt the sensor sensor from the engine and then wiggle the sensor out then you can get at the plug for the sensor to come off once of I could see the sensor on the end had a coating of grit on it. So having the new sensor I cleaned the inside of the hole where the sensor gets put back in and then reassembled all the other items so I started the engine to see if the engine light had shut off and there it was as bright as ever so I took my FIXD plug in monitor and reset the code P0017, light then turned off the next morning no light day after no light so I took vehicle down to the state inspection garage and it passed perfectly! And so I spent the money on the ultimate car wash and detail wash the I was so happy! I went Taco Casa to eat before work. The car and I were involved in a accident 😱 a Ford quad cab turned right in front of me and there was no time to escape the airbags went off white smoke that smelled like ammonia was present I personally walked away with a minor scratch on my left forearm and this angel opened my door and stayed with me through the whole thing and the Angel Heather gave her report that she saw the whole thing happening.
Praise the Lord Amen! my 2010 GMC Terrain Slt 3.0 Died with estimates of $17,000 in damages. But the P0017 problem was fixed🤪

1 - 5 of 5 Posts