GMC Terrain Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters' 2011 Terrain with the 2.4L Ecotec engine suffered high oil consumption followed by a totally blocked PCV tube which caused a blown real seal. Exactly as described in Technical Service Bulletin #14882 which advise of an extended coverage for this failure. For 8 models in the 2010-2013 model years including Terrains and other models using that engine and series LAF, LEA & LUK.

GM Dealers are missing this TSB because the VIN tracking system doesnt pull this TSB 14882 up. GM hasn't been able to identify for me why our Terrain with this exact problem and exact engine type and exact engine series isn't listed and didn't receive the GM Notice. Less than 2 weeks after having it in to a GM dealer where the excessive oil consumption was noted the rear seal blew on a cold day. Now the dealer wants to do either a $3600 repair or $5000 engine replacement but GM refuses to honor the TSB extended coverage. :mad:

Anyone else hit with a rear engine seal failure on their Terrain?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
WOW!..I would get together all the documentation you can find on the issue and write or call GM directly... and then if you get a run around, threaten that you will be putting it in the hands of an attorney.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get this issue worked out? I'm currently going through the same thing! I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts