GMC Terrain Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here. My vehicle is a 2015 GMC Terrain Denali L4 with 32000 odometer miles.

I have a "Service Side Detection System" message appearing in my DIC. Problem diagnosed by my local GMC dealer as a faulty electronic module. The diagnostic charge was $80.00. The same GMC dealer quoted an $875.00 price to R&R the module.

Has anyone experienced this failed module situation? Would like to know if this is a common problem. What did you do?
Have it repaired at the dealer/independent shop?
Do nothing and deal with resetting the message each time?
Replace the module yourself?

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, new member here. My vehicle is a 2015 GMC Terrain Denali L4 with 32000 odometer miles.

I have a "Service Side Detection System" message appearing in my DIC. Problem diagnosed by my local GMC dealer as a faulty electronic module. The diagnostic charge was $80.00. The same GMC dealer quoted an $875.00 price to R&R the module.

Has anyone experienced this failed module situation? Would like to know if this is a common problem. What did you do?
Have it repaired at the dealer/independent shop?
Do nothing and deal with resetting the message each time?
Replace the module yourself?

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, we have the same 2015 Terrain Denali and the exact same problem. Being served at GM now and yes same quote. We asked them to pull the fuse to see if this will save us paying $1K for a fix that will not last long. (also looking to change this winter whip to an EV very soon) Clearly the modules are in a terrible place and just rot out every 2 - 4 years. The drivers side will go next. Clearly a black eye on certain models for GM. The fuse is the "backup assist fuse" and we will see if the system allows driving without the fuse and no other issues. It does take out the side detection AND the backup assist. BTW: we also find with the side detection failure we have the side mirror "detection light" staying on constantly (esp.) in winter and it drains our battery)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts